Most of us at some point have had a leaky faucet. This is a common problem because the components that make up your kitchen or bathroom faucet wear out because of the frequency of its use. They are small components as well, which lends to them wearing out soon.
Cheyenne Hauling offers residential and commerical handyman services in and around Cheyenne, WY. From leaky faucets to carpentry work, we can help. We also offer junk removal services and motorcycle repair. Below, we’ll go over the steps to fix a leaky faucet, and call our Cheyenne handyman company to get started today!
HOW TO FIX A LEAKY FAUCET
- Turn off the water. You’ll need to temporarily turn off the water supply to your home or office. If you don’t you could spring a leak that could spew water everywhere once you begin. The faucet shutoff valves are located underneath the sink. Turn them clockwise. If you faucet has no individual shut off valves, you can turn off the main water supply valve to your home.
- Remove your faucet handles. This is a bit different depending on what kind of faucet you have. Usually, you’ll just need a screwdriver to remove the caps and unscrew the handles.
- Remove the valve stem or cartridge. This will vary based on the type of faucet you are dealing with. Some compression faucets will have a valve stem that unscrews from the valve body, while others will have a cartridge faucet that pulls straight off.
- Find the broken part. Most leaky faucets are caused by a broken rubber washer, O-ring, or rubber seal. However, since you have your faucet apart, Cheyenne Hauling recommends that you inspect every part for functionality and health.
- Replace the broken part. Broken washers and O-rings are cheap to replace. You can find them at your local hardware store.
- Clean the valves and other parts. Might as well ensure your leaky faucet is good for years to come by cleaning it thoroughly before reassembling.
- Reassemble your faucet and test for functionality.
CHOOSE CHEYENNE HAULING FOR YOUR LEAKY FAUCET REPAIR
Our local handyman service can have your leaky faucet fixed in no time. We work quickly to ensure as little disruption to your day as possible. We can handle all of your honey-do lists so that you can spend your free time as you like. In today’s world, free time is our most precious commodity. Call our local handyman to get started today!