Let’s face it, we’ve all at some point or another accidentally put a hole in our wall. Perhaps you were moving a heavy object and miscalcuated the turn on the stairwell. Maybe your kids were wrestling and someone slammed into the wall too hard. Maybe you were playing soccer in your home with the kids, and you missed the ball and hit the wall instead.
Cheyenne Hauling offers drywall repair and other handyman services in the Cheyenne, WY area. Our team has years of experience in fixing and repairing drywall. Below, we’ll go over the steps on how to patch a hole in drywall. Contact our handyman business for a free quote today!
HOW TO PATCH A HOLE IN DRYWALL
If the hole in your drywall is small, all you really need is spackle. Here, you cover the hole with spackle, and let it dry. After that, you can add texture and paint and soon your hole will disappear. If the hole in your drywall is larger, follow these steps:
- You will need to remove the damaged section by cutting a nice, clean box out around it.
- Next, you will need a two-by-four or some other means to support your new drywall. Since drywall usually comes in one big sheet, you’ll have to have a way to attach your smaller piece to the larger piece.
- Cut out the right size replacement dryway that you obtained from your local hardware store.
- Place the patch and attach it to your support wood you added, as well as at the corners.
- Use self-adhering mesh tape to cover the spaces along the edge of the drywall. Next, get your mud or spackle and smooth out over your drywall piece. Feel free to apply a second or a third coat along the edges to get it even.
- Sand the compound you used, prime, and paint the drywall, and you’ll never know it was there!
CHOOSE CHEYENNE HAULING AS YOUR LOCAL HANDYMAN OF CHOICE
Drywall can be a hassle to repair and to have it look right. If you don’t want to DIY your drywall hole repair, then give our handymen a call today. We can handle any job, large or small, from fixing your toilet to installing lightbulbs or horse fencing. Our Cheyenne handyman company offers exceptional craftsmanship, expertise, and affordable pricing. Call for a free estimate for your drywall hole repair, other handyman service, or for our full line up of hauling services today!