Having a clogged toilet flat out stinks (pun intended). Yet, you’ve probably experienced at least one clogged toilet in your lifetime. Usually, a plunger will suffice (we’ve provided a how-to guide for plunging a toilet here). However, there are instances where your clogged toilet needs more help. In this case, you may need to snake a toilet.
Cheyenne Hauling offers local handyman services in and near Cheyenne, WY, including Burns, Carpenter, and Hillsdale. Our expert team has years of experience in fixing odd items in and around your home or office, from broken fences to plumbing problems, fixtures, and more. Below, we’ll review how to snake a toilet. Call our local handyman business for a free estimate today!
HOW TO SNAKE A TOILET
- Get a hold of a drain snake, or an auger. A drain snake gets its name because it looks like a snake. it’s a long wire coil that you insert into your toilet. Due to its shape, it can handle the S-shape of your toilet. You can purchase one at your local hardware store, or they may offer rental snakes for your use.
- Prepare the area. Your toilet may have water that may overflow while you are inserting the drain snake. Get out your rubber gloves and some towels or plastic to help cover the area in case of an overflow.
- Usually you crank the handle on the snake until you reach the clog. You turn it clockwise. If your snake is “stuck,” that means you’ve most likely hooked the material that is clogging the toilet.
- Crank the snake in the opposite direction. This should pull the unwanted clog out and then you just need to dispose of it.
- Repeat if necessary. You keep snaking your toilet until the clog is gone. Usually, this only takes once, but some are more troublesome than others.
- Once your toilet flushes, you are golden!
CHOOSE CHEYENNE HAULING FOR YOUR HANDYMAN WORK TODAY
It can be challenging to find a professional local handyman who can get the job done right. Cheyenne Hauling offers the best handyman craftsman ship, no matter the job. Whether you need some trim installed, some fixtures installed or replaced, or some help with plumbing, we can help. Give us a call to get started today!