Admittedly, a garbage disposal is a great invention. You can rinse your leftover food bits right in the sink, the garbage disposal grinds them up, and they are whisked away. No more scrapping plates into the trash and smelling up your kitchen. However, occasionally your garbage disposal may stop working, which would then entail a bit of work to get it going again.
Cheyenne Hauling offers incredible residential and commercial handyman services in Cheyenne and Northern Colorado. Our team of experts have years of experience helping you with fencing, plumbing, electrical, flooring, and much more. Below, we’ll go over how to fix your garbage disposal. Call our handyman business today!
HOW TO FIX YOUR GARBAGE DISPOSAL
- Check the electrical work. It could be that your garbage disposal is unplugged. You’ll also want to check your breaker box to see if a breaker tripped.
- There is a reset button on the bottom of the garbage disposal. Try that next.
- If it’s not an electrical problem, you’ll have to disassemble the garbage disposal for further investigation. Most likely, you are facing an object that has clogged your disposal.
- First you’ll want to turn off the power to your garbage disposal for safety reasons. This also protects your garbage disposal from breaking further while you are fixing it.
- You’ll need an Allen wrench. Here, you insert the Allen wrench in the breaker socket near the bottom of the garbage disposal. Turn back and forth to get the blades moving again. This hopefully will free the object causing the jam. A broom also can be used if you don’t have an Allen wrench.
- Remove the object or get it moving again. Turn your garbage disposal back on to ensure functionality.
- If this does not work, it’s best to call your local Cheyenne handyman for an investigation. You may need a new garbage disposal altogether.
CALL CHEYENNE HAULING TODAY
The local handmen at Cheyenne Hauling love lending our customers a helping hand when they need it the most. From installing fencing and tile flooring to helping fix your doors, windows, and creating objects out of wood you need for your home, we can help. Call our Cheyenne handyman business to get started today!